For more information
- Antigone : Observatory on detention conditions / Observatory on detention conditions for minors (in Italian)
- Bambinisanzasbarre (in Italian)
- National Guarantor for the Rights of Persons Detained or Deprived of Personal Liberty (in Italian)
- Osservatorio Carcere (in Italian).
- Statistics of the Ministry of Justice (in Italian)
Reports and guides
- Antigone, “One year in prison. XIV Report on detention conditions: press release”, 18 May 2018.
- Antigone, “Submissions to the UN Committee concerning Italy”, 6 November 2017 – 6 December 2017.
- Antigone, “Italie encore beaucoup à faire…”, November 2017 (in French)
- Antigone, “Annual Report”, 2017 (in Italian)
- Antigone, “Observatory on detention conditions”, 2017 (in Italian)
- Antigone, “Annual Report”, 2016 (in Italian)
- Antigone, “The practice of pre-trial detention in Italy: research report”, September 2015.
- European Committee for the Prevention of Torture (CPT), “Report to the Italian government on the visit to Italy from 8 to 26 April 2016”, 2017.
- European Prison Observatory, “Prison conditions in Italy”, September 2013.
- Foreign and Commonwealth office, “Information Pack for British prisoners in Italy”, 22 December 2016.
- Guide for prisoners relatives (in Italian)
- Human Rights Committee, “Concluding observation on the sixth periodic report on Italy”, 1 May 2017.
- International Federation of Action by Christians for the Abolition of Torture (FIACAT) & Action by Christians for the Abolition of Torture in Italy (ACAT-Italy), “Joint alternative report by FIACAT and ACAT Italy on the implementation by Italy”, Committee against torture 62th session, November 2017.
- Multilingual guide for prisoners (available in Italian, English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Albanian, Croatian)
- National Guarantor for the Rights of Persons Detained or Deprived of Personal Liberty, “Report to Parliament”, 2018 (in Italian)
- National Guarantor for the Rights of Persons Detained or Deprived of Personal Liberty, “Standards and normalcy: the recommendations to the penitentiary administration 2016-2107”, 29 January 2017. (in Italian)
- National Guarantor for the Rights of Persons Detained or Deprived of Personal Liberty, “Report to Parliament”, 2017.
- Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (SPT), “Report of the SPT on the visit made to Italy”, September 2016.
- UN Committee against Torture, “Concluding observations on the combined fifth and sixth periodic reports of Italy”, 18 December 2017.
- Vieri Adriani,“A brief introduction to the Italian criminal law“, Avvocato Adriani, 24 February 2013.
- Giovanni Antonetti, Daniela D’Angelo, Paola Scampati, Ileana Croci, Narciso Mostarda, Saverio Potenza and Rosaria Alvaro, “The health needs of women prisoners: an Italian field survey”, in Ann Ist Super Sanità 2018, vol.2.
- Nicola Canestrini, “Italian criminal trial”, Canestrinilex, 16 March 2018.
- Virginia Cinelli, “Radicalization in prison: Italian case”, in Sicurezza Terrorismo Società, n°7, 2018.
- Yéris Nicolas and Margaux Romano, “Places of detention in Italy: from the Constitutional Court to the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture”, in La Revue des droits de l’Homme, 30 October 2017. (in French)
- Blair and others v. Italy and Azzolina and others v. Italy, 26 October 2017.
- Cirino and Renne v. Italy, 26 October 2017.
- Torreggiani and others v.Italy, 8 January 2013.
- Sulejmanovic v. Italy, 16 July 2009.